Medicinal plants have been used to treat illness for thousands of years, with as much as 80% of the worlds’ population currently relying upon treatment with plant-based medicines.
In a modern context Herbal Medicine combines traditional knowledge with the latest scientific findings about plant medicines and health.
Medical Herbalists are trained in the same diagnostic skills as orthodox doctors but take a more holistic approach to illness. They are largely concerned with identifying and treating the underlying cause of any disease rather than treating the symptoms alone.
Herbal Medicine aims to promote healing and general health by restoring balance and harmony to the whole body.
The professional body of Medical Herbalists is the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH). Entry to the Institute may only be gained following successful completion of three or more year's training.
What Can Herbal Medicine Treat?
Herbal Medicine can treat most conditions for which a patient may see their doctor. Commonly treated complaints include:
- Skin - Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Urticaria
- Digestive Disorders - IBS, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Ulcers, Poor Digestion
- Stress Related Disorders - Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia
- Women’s Health - PMS, Menstrual Irregularities, Menopausal Symptoms, Polycystic Ovaries
- Circulatory Disorders - Raised Blood Pressure, Varicose Veins, Angina
- Arthritic Complaints, Infection, and much much more.
If you would like to find out if Herbal Medicine can help your complaint you may enquire by sending a message to Jesper